Tuesday, December 4, 2012

By the Slice: Illustrated Zine

So over the summer I became interested in making my own zines. Mostly just because it's a good short term goal and you can pretty much get away with anything. The options are endless. The first one I did is a compilation of stories and poems and some collage type work. But I really wanted to make a zine that focused more on my art. So between late summer and last month, my friend Kaleb and I collaborated to make By the Slice - a thirteen page zine (plus cover) featuring 10 illustrated poems.  Kaleb wrote the words and I did the art.  It was really fun to do something outside of school and to work with someone else. It was a wonderful experience that I'm sure I will do again with many others.

You can purchase the zine at my etsy store in either original or large format.

cover. 







Me in a nutshell. the only bio I'll ever have to write.



No comments:

Post a Comment