Thursday, December 6, 2012

Collage: Lost-in-the-Woods Survival Sandwich


For our last project in Media we had to do a collage of a recipe. This was very open ended.  A lot of people ended up doing recipes for non food related things (like recipe for a road trip, or recipe for a villain) but there were a couple that actually followed a recipe. I found a happy medium between the two. I really wanted to do a food item, but I also wanted to do something that was strange and not entirely believable. So I came up with the idea to do a magazine-type article of for something you might make yourself if you were lost in the woods. I was inspired by the book Sam's Sandwich by David Pelham, which I read quite often as a kid. Originally, I wanted it to be a bunch of nasty things, but some of it ended up looking somewhat appetizing. Or maybe that's just me. Anyways, I'm really happy with the way this came out. 

Done in acrylic, watercolor, pen and ink, tissue paper, as well as various non-copyright imagery. 

detail shots:










No comments:

Post a Comment