Monday, November 26, 2012

Paper Cut Portrait

Our second Media assignment was to do a paper cut of one of our classmates. My scanner just barely fit my portrait of Dani. This began as a single piece of black construction paper.  Once I got my line work transfered, I slowly and carefully cut away all of the lit areas, leaving only one giant shadow shape that was descriptive enough to define the figure and hold the paper together.  This was a really tedious assignment because you had to be super careful not to make a mistake, but I had a good time doing it and I'm really happy with the result. 

We then took our paper cuts and transfered them again so we could do a single wash of watercolor. I'm a little iffy with my choice of color for this one, but otherwise I think it was fairly successful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment