Monday, November 26, 2012

Watercolor Food and Portraits

 For our third assignment in Media we learned how to do Brande's three wash technique in water color. I was REALLY stoked about finally learning how to handle water color since I've been messing around with washes for a while but never understood how to tackle an actual watercolor piece. So I was a little bummed when I wasn't a natural at it, but I'm still glad that I've been shown the ropes so that I can eventually be where I want to be when it comes to water color.


 mushrooms
rainier cherry

rainier cherries

experimental mcintosh apple 

 cup of coffee
 organic tomatoes 
Partial structural landscape 
Meagan 
Exaggerated portrait of Anne. 
Did about five or six more portraits in addition to this one but have not had the chance to scan them yet.

*Partial shot - the whole thing wouldn't fit in my scanner. This particular piece was not part of Brande's three wash technique. Instead, Pratt showed our Illustration class how to do a more traditional water color piece, working wet into wet. We worked from vintage black and white photos as reference. Totally different feel to this one. I personally prefer Brandes' technique, but it was cool to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment