Wednesday, May 16, 2012

dreary day landscape

I decided to give my blog a break from my beautiful face. Also, I'm sick of drawing myself. I'm actually surprised with myself though- I havent missed a day yet in this self portrait challenge. Although some of them have either been super quick sketches, or just bad all together, which almost defeats the purpose of the challenge.  That being said, I've decided that I'm not going to post every single portrait that I've done. Really only the ones that I feel have been successful or experimental enough to put up here.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I did a quick landscape of the lake behind my apartment in ink and watercolor.



The colors are a little bit similar, but it had literally just rained and anyone who lives in Florida understands just how green everything is after that. Also, I'm very weary of water. I've failed at it multiple times in the past. I didnt even plan on painting it because I've been focusing a lot on tree's lately. But I wanted to do a full landscape anyway, I just didnt pay extra attention to the water, but I still think it reads just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment