Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Semester II: Box Still Life in NuPastel

Early in the second semester of Drawing we had to take shoe boxes and fill them with colored construction paper and then draw them in pastel.  I actually ended up with that crumpled green paper because of how frustrated I got that the tape kept coming undone and my pieces would move around. I finally just through that sucker in there and put a ton of tape down until it stayed. When it came time to actually light the boxes and draw them I was beating myself up over having to draw all of the crevices and crinkles in the paper. But I actually really enjoyed the way this came out. My professor even wanted to submit it to the freshmen's Best of Ringling, but unfortunately I got the email late and never brought it back in. hah.

rough thumbnail sketch


No comments:

Post a Comment