Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Semester II: Various Landscapes for Drawing II

Before coming to Ringling I had done all of one landscape in my entire lifetime.  That one landscape was done in oil paint (I was taking a single semester very brief class at the time) and did not come out well. At all. Come first semester I was introduced to landscapes properly (but not thoroughly) and I still didnt have much luck. So I was a little nervous to start working in landscape in my second semester. Three times the charm, I guess. Not sure what changed but now I love it. I still have a grudge against pastels (I mean come on those things are just DYING to give us cancer) and I have still have a lot to learn but I think I'm finally off on the right foot when it comes to landscape work.



thumbnail sketch in charcoal

thumbnail sketch in charcoal

Ringling Museum in Pastel

Ringling Museum in Pastel (I prefer this one over the two).

No comments:

Post a Comment