Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Semester II: so many sequences

A large part of my second semester of figure was sequential studies.  It's hard to keep the likeness of the subject while doing these but it got progressively easier.  

Gestural sequence in colored pencil.

A random in-class sequence. I ended up really liking this one, although I almost wish he would have stopped at the fourth step because I feel like the fifth (reading right to left, the fifth being the model on his stomach) really threw off the rhythm of the drawing. 

Bree stretching.

For a homework assignment we had to draw two sequences from animated movies. One was supposed to be action based; the other emotion based.  For my action sequence I chose a random soldier from Disney's Mulan throwing a pebble during "Be a Man". For the emotional sequence, I again chose a Disney movie, going with Wendy's father in Peter Pan.  It was hard to pause the clip at perfect intervals to get a good sequence and it took a few screen shots to get it right, but I'm really proud of the way these turned out.

Both done in charcoal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment