Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fun with photoshop: "Sock Puppets"


I wanted to do something in photoshop but didnt feel like committing myself to another very tedious self portrait, so I decided to do something a little less serious and a lot more fun. Don't really know how this came to be. I wanted to do a kid with a deer sock puppet.  Along the way it turned into a redneck, tom-boy sort of theme and I really love the way it turned out. I was very loose with the light source. I wanted the shadows to look convincing but didnt feel like I needed to make them perfect (I got extra sloppy with the big shadow on the bottom).  But I think it worked pretty well, considering shadows are not my forte.  It's a little hard to tell but deer is an oven mitt and the sock puppet on her other hand is a wolf.  She has a squirrel in her pocket. I'm not going to lie, this took me ALL DAY to do. Granted, I woke up at 12, but...

original sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment